This is the part one quiz of the general knowledge questions and answers. This gk quiz is about world panorama.
GK Questions: Quiz 1
1. Which of the following are correctly matched?
- Hamas : Palestinian extremist group
- Sinn Fein : I.R. A’s political wing
- True Path Party : A major constituent of the ruling coalition in Turkey
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 1, 2, and 3
(d) 2 and 3
Ans: (c) 1, 2, and 3, All the pairs 1, 2, 3 are correctly matched
2. Which one of the following had legalized Euthanasia?
(a) Texas in the USA
(b) Northern Territory in Australia
(c) Quebec in Canada
(d) Maharashtra in India
Ans: (a) The Texas state in USA, has legalized Euthanasia.
Euthanasia is the process in which if a person who is willing to die, he is given a peaceful death by the doctor through an injection.
3. What are the official languages of the U.N.O?
(a) English, French, and Russian
(b) English, French, German, and Russian
(c) English, French, Russian, Chinese and Hindi
(d) English, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Spanish
Ans: (d) English, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Spanish, are the official languages of U.N.O
4. World Environment Conference to discuss global warming was held in 1997 in:
(b) Rio de Janeiro
Ans: (d) Kyoto.
World Environment Conference to discuss global warming was held in 1997 in Kyoto.
5. Match List-1 with List-2 and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists.
(2) South Korea
(a) A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2
(b) A-4, B-3, C-1, D-2
(c) A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3
(d) A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
Ans: (b) A-4, B-3, C-1, D-2.
Ringgit is the currency of Malaysia. A Baht is also a unit of weight for gold and is commonly used in jewellers and goldsmiths in Thailand. The currency was originally known as the tical and this name was used in the English language text on banknotes until 1925. The Rupiah is the official currency of Indonesia. The won is the official currency of South Korea.
Next: GK Questions: Quiz 2
Follow Us on Facebook Join WhatsApp Group