This is the part three quiz of the general knowledge questions and answers. This gk quiz is about world panorama.
GK Questions: Quiz 3
1. According to Meadows (1972), if the present trends in world population, industrialisation, pollution, food production and resource depletion continue unchanged, the “Limits to Growth” on our planet will be reached in the next:
(a) 50 years
(b) 100 years
(c) 150 years
(d) 200 years
Ans: (b) 100 years.
According to Meadows, if the present trend of world population, industrialisation, pollution, food production and resource depletion remained unchanged then “limits of growth” on our planet will be reached in 100 years.
2. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
1. Dow Jones : New York
2. Hang Seng : Seoul
3. FTSE-100 : London
(a) 1, 2, and 3
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 2
(d) 1 and 3
Ans: (d) 1 and 3.
Hang Seng is the stock market of Hong Kong, not Seoul. Rest 1 and 3 are correctly matched.
3. ‘MERCOSUR’ consist of group of countries of:
(c) Latin America
(d) South East Asia
Ans: (c) Latin America.
Mercosur is an economic and political agreement between Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uraguay. Founded in 1991.
4. The economist who was associated with the WTO draft document is:
(a) A.K Sen
(b) T.N Srinivasan
(c) J.N. Bhagwati
(d) Avinash Dixit
Ans: (a) A.K Sen.
Amartya Sen was associated with WTO draft document.
5. Which one of the countries labelled as 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the given was granted membership of G-15 in it’s VII Summit at Kuala Lumpur?
Ans: (d) 4.
Kenya was granted as the 16th member of G-15 countries, which is marked as 4 in the given map.
Next: GK Questions: Quiz 4
Follow Us on Facebook Join WhatsApp Group