PSC HSST Geography Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for HSST Geography PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC HSST Geography Examination.
PSC HSST Geography Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 29/2015/OL
Category Code: 581/2014
Exam: HSST Geography
Department: Higher Secondary Education
Date of Test: 25-11-2015
1. Dr. Herman Gundert belongs to which missionary society?
(A) London Mission Society
(B) Church Mission Society
(C) Basel Evangelical Mission
(D) Anglican society
2. Name the social reformer of Kerala who founded ‘Atma Vidya Sangham’ inorder to spread his teachings.
(B) Chattambi Swamikal
(C) Vaikunda Swami
3. Famous freedom fighter and social activist of Kerala, A.V. Kuttimalu Amma was born in the year ……………..
4. The tragic death of a freedom fighter namely, A.G. Velayudhan in a police lathicharge is associated with which social struggle in Kerala?
(A) Paliyam Satyagraha
(B) Vaikam Satyagraha
(C) Guruvayur Satyagraha
(D) Channar Agitation
5. Name the journal published by ”Yogakshema Sabha” to spread the reformist ideas.
(A) Sabha Samajam
(B) Unni Nambutiri
6. The ”Temperance Movement” of 20th century Kerala was – aimed at ………………
(A) Total abstinence from intoxicating drinks
(B) Education development of the depressed class
(C) Eradicating untouchability
(D) Religious Reforms
7. Which of the following newspaper published an editorial titled ”Oru Laksham Roopa” (One Lakh Rupees) by criticising the misuse of public treasury during the reign of Sree Moolam Thirunal?
8. Name the literary figure of Kerala, who born in the year 1865 and credited to translate the whole of the ‘Mahabharata’ into Malayalam within a short span of time?
(A) A.R. Raja Raja Varma
(B) Kerala Varma Valia Koil Tampuran
(C) Pantalam Kerala Varma
(D) Kodungallur Kunhikuttan Tampuran
9. ‘Kerala Public Libraries Act’ (Kerala Grandhasala Sangham) was passed by the Govt. of Kerala in the year ………………..
10. ”Khilafath Smaranakal” is the autobiography of ………………
(A) K. Madhavan Nair
(B) E. Moidu Maulavi
(C) Mozhikunnathu Brahmadathan Namboodirippad
(D) M.P. Narayana Menon
11. The sensational ‘Thali incident’ during the Civil Disobedience Movement in Kerala was associated with which woman freedom fighter?
(A) P.M. Suguna Bhai
(B) Kamala Bhai Prabhu
(C) Akkamma Cheriyan
(D) Arya Pallam
12. Who made the below statement in connection with the establishment of a press during the early 20th century?
”I am not a business man. By starting a newspaper I only meant for the social service and service of the country. My
ultimate profit is not money. What I really intend is not for me but for my country. Its enough for me…”
(A) Kandathil Varghese Mappila
(B) K.P. Kesava Menon
(C) Sahodaran Ayyappan
(D) Vakkom Abdul Khader Maulavi
13. Name the drama written by Kandathil Varghese Mappila incorporating some of the features of English Drama.
14. Article …………….. of the Constitution of India allows the Vice President to act as President or to discharge his functions during casual vacancies in the office, or during the absence of President.
(A) Article 65
(B) Article 68
(C) Article 73
(D) Article 75
15. Which section of the Right to Information Act of 2005 permits a person to obtain any information by giving request in writing or through electronic means?
(A) 2(f) of the RTI Act, 2005
(B) 6(1) of the RTI Act, 2005
(C) 19(1) of the RTI Act, 2005
(D) 19(3) of the RTI Act, 2005
16. Which literary figure of Kerala has been selected for the Vallathol Award for the year 2015?
(A) M. Mukundan
(B) T.D. Ramakrishnan
(C) T. Padmanabhan
17. The name of a French Engineer Ferdinand de Lesseps is associated with …………….
(A) Panama Canal
(B) Suez Canal
(C) Leaning Tower of Pisa
(D) Eiffel Tower
18. The capital of Syria is ……………..
19. In which year UNESCO proclaimed September 8 of every year to be celebrate as the International Literacy Day?
20. Expand GCC :
(A) Gulf Coordination Council
(B) Gulf Coordination Committee
(C) Gulf Cooperation Council
(D) Gulf Commercial Council
21. The immediate goal of teaching is known as :
22. The activity which give a clear picture about a specific problem and helps in comprehension of its different dimensions :
23. Which of the following is not related to lecture method?
(A) Economical and save time
(B) Effective in giving factual information
(C) Provide for individual differences
(D) Personal contact with students
24. Which of the following is not a 3D instructional aid?
25. Economic way to communicate a research study :
(D) All the above
Comments are the platform to express your thoughts on this post, do not spam here...