Here is the Part 2 Questions and answers of PSC Panchayath Secretary examination which was held on 2008. You can also download the questions in PDF format also.
PSC Panchayat Secretary Questions & Answers Part 2
51. The war of 1556 is known as :
(a) Battle of Plassey
(b) Second battle of panipat
(c) First battle of Panipat
(d) None of these
Ans: (b) Second battle of panipat
52. “Sravanabelgola” is associated with :
Ans: (b) Jainism
53. Which one of the following is a “Pratiloma” marriage?
(a) Brahmin boy with a Kshatriya girl
(b) Vaisya boy with a Sudra girl
(c) Brahmin boy with a Sudra girl
(d) Sudra boy with a Vaisya girl
Ans: (d) Sudra boy with a Vaisya girl
54. “I have nothing to offer except blood, sweat and tears” was said by :
(a) Subhash Chandra Bose
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Lord Nelson
Ans: (b) Winston Churchill
55. On April 14, 1912 the British Liner “Titanic” sank after hitting an iceberg in the North Atlantic. How long did it take for the great ship to go down?
(a) Less than one hours
(b) Just under three hours
(c) Five and one -half hours
(d) Twelve hours
Ans: (b) Just under three hours
56. Which State in India tops in the distribution of forest area?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
Ans: (d) Madhya Pradesh
57. The trade name “Cow and Gate” is associated with :
(c) Boot Polish
(d) Baby milk food
Ans: (d) Baby milk food
58. Ball-bearings are used in cycles, scooters, etc to:
(a) reduce the friction between wheel and axle
(b) increase the friction between wheel and axle.
(c) reduce the friction between ground and wheel.
(d) None of these.
Ans: (a) reduce the friction between wheel and axle
59. Entomology is the study of :
Ans: (d) Insects
60. Where can we see a statue of Charlie Chaplin?
(b) Hong Kong
Ans: (d) London
61. Among the following which plant is completely devoid of roots?
Ans: (d) Ceratophyllum
62. Modern Synthetic Theory of Evolution is based on:
(a) Genetic and chromosomal mutations
(b) Genetic recombination and natural selection.
(c) Reproductive isolation
(d) All the above
Ans: (a) Genetic and chromosomal mutations
13. The colour of “Black Box” used in aeroplanes is:
Ans: (d) Orange
64. The change of vapour int the liquid state is known as:
Ans: (d) Condensation
65. The average gestation period of sheep is:
(a) 30 days
(b) 150 days
(c) 280 days
(d) 365 days
Ans: (b) 150 days
66. As per which Article of the Indian Constitution the “Presidential Rule” can be introduced in States?
(a) Article 356
(b) Article 358
(c) Article 359
(d) Article 386
Ans: (a) Article 356
67. After how many years does Haley’s Comet reappear?
(a) 1000 years
(b) 76 years
(c) 12 years
(d) 363 years
Ans: (b) 76 years
68. What is the name of the method of estimating the ages of archaeological
specimens of biological origin, by measuring the radioactive carbon present
in that specimen?
(a) carbon dating
(b) isotope study
(d) none of these
Ans: (a) carbon dating
69. “Silk Anniversary” means:
(a) 12th Anniversary
(b) 10th Anniversary
(c) 5th Anniversary
(d) 17th Anniversary
Ans: (a) 12th Anniversary
70. What lies between Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate?
(c) M.G. Road
(d) Red Fort
Ans: (b) Rajpath
71. There is hardly any space for the children …..:
(a) even though it is a very large house
(b) since it is a very large house
(c) though it is a very large house
(d) because it is a very large house
Ans: (c) though it is a very large house
72. I wouldn’t jump off that rock ……………
(a) if I am you
(b) if I had been you
(c) if I were you
(d) if I would have been you
Ans: (c) if I were you
73. Will you wait ……………. I return?
Ans: (b) till
74. ……… you are called, you may step into the room.
(a) as soon as
Ans: (d) when
75. There is a vacancy for an expert ……..video editing.
Ans: both c & d can be used
76. Are there exhibits ………. sale?
Ans: (b) for
77. Jayan said something (Choose the question):
(a) What did Jayan say?
(b) What does Jayan say?
(c) What Jayan say?
(d) What has Jayan said?
Ans: (a) What did Jayan say?
78. Do you like ……..?
(a) to drive
(d) a drive
Ans: (b) driving
79. My aunt has lived in Australia ………. ten years.
(c) ever since
(d) up to
Ans: (b) for
80. ……… a good film on the TV yesterday.
(a) there was
(b) there is
(c) there has been
(d) there had been
Ans: (a) there was
81. Donkeys ………..
Ans: (c) bray
82. Bulls ………
Ans: (c) bellow
83. Darkness ………
Ans: (c) spreads
84. A habit ………
(c) comes up
Ans: (d) forms
85. At loggerheads approximately means:
(a) in harmony
(b) in anger
(c) in dispute
(d) in mirth
Ans: (c) in dispute
86. To beat the air approximately means:
(a) to make efforts in vain
(b) to be successful
(c) to trouble others
(d) to make mistakes
Ans: (a) to make efforts in vain
87. The horse is related to hay in the same way as the cow is related to ……..
Ans: (b) Fodder (dried food for cattle)
88. Wince is related to pain in the same way as prostration is related to ……..
Ans: (c) submissiveness
89. Bird: Cage (Take the wrong pairs):
(a) Thief: prison
(b) Animals: zoo
(c) Antique: museum
(d) Crime: punishment
Ans: (d) crime : punishment
90. The Old Testament tells of the ……… the Jews made with God.
Ans: (a) covenant
91. The trekkers set up the hills at a ……….pace (Use the antonym of sluggish)
Ans: (b) quick
92. The play was so …………. that the audience laughed all through it.
Ans: (a) ludicrous
93. Choose the wrongly spelt word:
Ans: (d) eupheimism
94. She said to Ahmed, “I’ll be late”. Change to indirect speech:
(a) She said to Ahmed that I’ll be late
(b) She told Ahmed that she will be late
(c) She told Ahmed that she’d be late
(d) She told Ahmed that she could be late.
Ans: (c) She told Ahmed that she’d be late
95. Will you return asked John (Choose the right punctuation):
(a) “Will you returned”, asked John
(b) “Will you return?” asked John
(c) “Will you return,? asked John
(d) “Will you return?” asked john
Ans: (b) “Will you return?” asked John
96. Tom, who is a friend of mine is coming with me. (Substitute the italicised part if required):
(a) my friend
(b) a friend of mine
(c) a neighbour friend of mine
(d) no improvement
Ans: (a) my friend
97. The past participle of rise is ………
Ans: (b) risen
98. The little boy spent much of his money ……… sweets.
Ans: (a) on
99. Everything depends on ……. receiving the reply in time.
Ans: (a) his
100. I am going to bed early today ………..
(a) but I can’t sleep well
(b) as I have to be up early tomorrow
(c) and I had a tiresome day today
(d) as I had not slept
Ans: (b) as I have to be up early tomorrow