PSC HSST English Jr Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for HSST English Jr PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC HSST English Jr Examination.
PSC HSST English Jr Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 32/2016/OL
Category Code: 377/2015
Exam: HSST English Jr SR FOR SC/ST
Date of Test: 11-03-2016
1. In the year 1856, Basel Mission started the first English Medium School in Malabar at which place?
2. Sivayogi Vilasom, the Monthly Journal was founded by :
(A) Brahmananda Sivayogi
(C) Pandit K.P. Karuppan
(D) Thycaud Ayya Vaikundar
3. Uttara Rama Charitham translated into Malayalam by :
(A) Chathu Kutty Mannadiyar
(B) Kerala Varma Valiya Koil Thampuran
(C) Kochunni Thampuran
(D) Munshi Rama Kurup
4. ‘In the cause of the people’ is the Autobiography of :
(A) T.R. Krishna Swami Ayyar
(B) Swami Ananda Theerthar
(C) A.K. Gopalan
(D) Velukutty Arayan
5. In which year Thakazhy’s Novel ‘Kayar’ got Jnanapeeth Award?
6. Which date is observed as Telangana Foundation Day?
(A) 30th June
(B) 31st July
(C) 2nd June
(D) 2nd July
7. Which one of the following is a system developed by ISRO to provide navigational support to Indian Railway?
8. Who has been appointed as the Secretary of the Department of Administrative reforms in India?
(A) Alok Rewat
(B) Devendra Chaudary
(C) Feros Shah Mehta
(D) None of these
9. Who among the following received Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award 2015?
(A) MYS Prasad
(B) K. Radhakrishnan
(C) Prof. U.R. Rao
(D) G.N. Ramachandran
10. Which country is venue for the first ever Asian Youth Athletic Championship – 2015?
11. Research studies that use ‘narratives’ to describe their observations are called :
(A) Analytical research
(B) Survey research
(C) Correlational research
(D) Qualitative research
12. In teaching, the skill of ‘Set Induction’ means :
(A) To introduce the topic in an appropriate way
(B) To lecture with clarity
(C) To encourage pupil-participation
(D) To change the stimulus
13. Which of the following is a non-probability sampling?
(A) Stratified random sampling
(B) Quota sampling
(C) Systematic sampling
(D) Cluster sampling
14. Teachers primary responsibility lies in :
(A) Coverage of the content
(B) Updating students records
(C) Make the students disciplined
(D) Planning educational experiences
15. Generalization is the process of :
(A) Organizing the data
(B) Analyzing the data
(C) Drawing conclusions from the data
(D) Application of the findings
16. Which is the basis of your priority for teaching profession?
(A) Attractive Salary
(B) Service Security
(C) Social Prestige
(D) Opportunity to work for children
17. ‘Experimentation’ in research is :
(A) Uncontrolled manipulation
(B) Uncontrolled measurement
(C) Controlled observation
(D) Controlled verification
18. ‘Anything can be taught to any child at any stage of development in an intellectually honest way’ is a gist of the statement made by :
(A) Maria Montessori
(B) Jerome S. Bruner
(C) B.F. Skinner
19. Internal Criticism in historical research is for evaluating :
20. Which of the roles listed below is not relevant to the parent-teacher association?
(A) Maintenance of discipline
(B) Enhancing infra-structural facilities
(C) Conduct of co-curricular programmes
(D) Evaluation of scholastic attainment of pupils
21. The Directive Principles of State Policy was adopted in the Indian Constitution from :
22. Which Amendment was challenged in Kesavananda Bharati case?
23. The principle of Res-judicata is not applied in the writ of :
(A) Habeas Corpus
(B) Quo Warranto
(D) All the above
24. The right to privacy is protected under which Article of the Constitution of India?
(A) Article 14
(B) Article 20
(C) Article 19
(D) Article 21
25. The National Food Security Act came into force on :
(A) 15th July 2013
(B) 15th August 2013
(C) 5th July 2013
(D) 15th August 2014