PSCHSST Sociology Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for HSST Sociology PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSCHSST Sociology Examination.
PSC HSST Sociology Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 29/2016/OL
Category Code: 578/2014
Exam: HSST Sociology – SR FOR SC/ST
Date of Test: 29-02-2016
1. The Christian Missionary Rev. Mead, who worked in South Travancore, was associated with
(A) London Mission Society
(B) Christian Mission Society
(C) Basel Evangelical Mission
(D) None of these
2. Where did Chattampi Swamikal attain Samadhi?
3. Kesavan Asan started the newspaper entitled Sujananandini from
4. The beautiful elegy Kannuneerthulli is written by
(A) K. P. Karuppan
(B) Nalappat Narayana Menon
(C) M. R. Krishna Warrier
(D) Ullur S. Parameswara Iyer
5. Which among the following freedom fighters was met with tragic death in connection with Paliyam Satyagraha?
(A) A. G. Velayaudhan
(B) K. Kelappan
(C) A. K. Gopalan
(D) C. Kesavan
6. When did NITI Aayog came into existence?
(A) 1st June 2014
(B) 1st December 2014
(C) 1st January 2015
(D) 1st April 2015
7. Where is the headquarters of Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) situated?
8. Amaravathi is situated on the banks of …………….. river.
9. Kakrapar Atomic Power Station is situated in ………………. Indian State.
10. Vice President of India can be removed from office by the
(B) Supreme Court
(C) Rajya Sabha
11. Which of the following is a probability sampling?
(A) Cluster sampling
(B) Convenient sampling
(C) Snow Ball sampling
(D) Quota sampling
12. What does the denominator measure in the F ratio?
(A) Error/variance due to chance
(B) Between cells variance
(C) Mean square variance
(D) Sum of squares
13. Which of the following is a more influencing factor on learning?
(A) Audio visual aids
(B) Prior learning in the subject
(C) Teacher experience
(D) Learner’s home background
14. In a normal probability distribution
(A) Mean > Median
(B) Median < Mode
(C) Mean < Mode
(D) Mean + Mode = 2 Mean
15. The main purpose of a formative evaluation is
(A) To reduce the burden of content of evaluation
(B) To have continuous evaluation
(C) To know how much students have learnt
(D) To help students achieve more
16. From the following find out a non parametric correlation
(A) Product moment correlation
(B) Point Bi serial correlation
(C) Rank order correlation
(D) Partial correlation
17. Cohort studies are mainly used to investigate which type of research problems?
(A) Relating educational problems
(B) Relating social issues
(C) Relating international affairs
(D) Relating human growth and development
18. Below are given some activities that can be undertaken during the development phase of a lecture.
i) Using analogies
ii) Testing the previous knowledge
iv) Illustrating with examples
v) Giving assignments
Which one of the following combinations of activities is most appropriate during the development phase of lecture?
(A) i) ii) iii)
(B) i) iii) iv)
(C) i) iv) v)
(D) ii) iv) v)
19. Distortion in classroom communication largely depend upon
(A) Noise inside the classroom
(B) Lack of knowledge of the teacher
(C) Noise outside the classroom
(D) Lack of knowledge of students
20. What is the meaning of fluency in questioning in a classroom situation?
(A) Fluency in addressing students
(B) Talking too much in a classroom
(C) Asking questions continuously
(D) Rate of meaningful questions
21. Who defined society as web of social relations?
(A) Max Weber
22. Who among the following does not belong to German School of Sociology?
(B) Max Weber
(C) Herbert Spencer
23. A community is based on
(A) Common Habits
(B) Common Ideology
(C) Common Thinking
(D) Common Territory
24. The concept of Social Distance is associated with
(B) Emile Durkheim
(D) Karl Pearson
25. The “Savage Mind” was written by
(A) F. Tonnies
(B) J. S. Mill
(C) Levi Strauss
(D) E. B. Taylor