Indian Army – PSC Plus Two Level Notes : Part 3
Indian Army: Here are the Kerala Public Service Commission PSC notes for plus two level exams on topic Indian Army.
Indian Army Notes
• The father of Indian Army is Major Stringer Lawrence.
• Indian Army is the world’s third largest Standing Army.
• The highest rank in Indian Army is the Field Marshal.
• The head of the Indian Army is the Chief of army staff.
• S.H.F.J. Maneskshaw is the first Field Marshal of Indian Army.
• K.M Kariappa was the first Indian Commander in Chief of Indian Army.
• K.M Kariappa is known as Kipper in Indian Army.
• K.M Kariappa was the second Indian Army officer to get the title Field Marshal.
• Ahoratra Jagratha is the moto of Indian Army.
• The previous name of Indian Army was Presidential Army.
• The oldest regiment in Indian Army – Madras Regiment.
• The first women Lt. General and vise admiral of Indian Army is – Punita Arora.
• First commander in chief of Indian Army – General Sir Roy Bucher.
• First chief of Army staff in Indian Army – General M. Rajendra Singhji.
• Indian Army has 7 commands.
• Kerala is under the southern command.
• The network that connects all centres of Indian Army – AWAN (Army Wide Area Network).
• High Attitude Welfare School – Sonamarg (Jammu & Kasmir).
• Kargil Victory day – July 26
• Army Day – January 15
• Indian Military Academy – Dehradun(1932)