Here is the PSC Questions and Solved Answers of the Assistant Grade II / Clerk /Cashier/Junior Assistant Exam which was held in 2008. Also download the PDF document of the Questions and answers.
PSC Questions & Answers Assistant Grade II Exam 2008
1. Mamankam, the great ancient regional festival was held at?
2. Kollam Era began
3. The longest River in Kerala:Answer: Periyar
4.Sadhujanaparipalanayogam was started byAnswer: Ayyankaali
5.First Chief Minister of Travancore Popular Ministry?Answer: Pattom A. Thanu Pillai
6. The temple entry proclamation was issued by?Answer: Chithira Thirunal Balarama verma
7. Malayali Sabha was organized by
Answer: C.Krishna Pillai
8. Kochi State Prajamandal was formed in
Answer: Correct Answer is 26th Jan 1941
9. A Thermo flask is polished well ?
Answer: To reflect all radiation from outside
10. Coefficient of Temperature depends on
Answer: Difference in Temperature
11. A Device used to detect heat radiaton is known as
13. Hardest naturally occurring substance?
Answer: Black Diamond
14. A form of carbon used in gas mask?
Answer: Activated Charcoal
15. The gas used in the refrigerator?
16. Estimation of Halogen in organic compound is done by
Answer: Carius Method
17. The metal which doesn’t react with dilute Sulphuric Acid ?
18. In free state , hydrojen is present in
Answer: Natural Gas
19. The disease caused by the deficiency of Vitamin A:
20. The insect which lays eggs in water is
21. The mosquito that spreads malaria in man is namedAnswer: Female Anopheles
22. Which is the function of white blood corpuscles?
Answer: to produce anti-toxin
23. Which of the following processes liberates energy?Answer: Respiration.
24. During the solar eclipse, which of the following represents the relative position of the sun, moon an earth correctly?
Answer: The moon in between the sun and the earth
25. A degree of Longitude has about the same length as a degree of Latitude at
26. The supersonic aircraft find its most convenient to fly in the
27. Seismograph is used to measure
28. Which one is known as “Pittsburg of India?”
29. The first political leader who got Nobel prize for literature?
Answer: Winston Churchil.
30. The winner of Wimbledon Championship of 2007?
Answer: Veenus Williams
31. Present secretary general of United Nations
32. Jim Corbett National Park is in
33. The country used paper currency first in the world
34. Father of Cell Phone
Answer: Martin Cooper
35. The modern Quantity theory of money was developed by
Answer: Milton Friedman
36. Consumer Protection act was enacted in the year
37. National Flag of India was designed by:
Answer: Pingali Venkayya
38. Human Rights Day is observed all over the world every year on:
Answer: 10th December
39. Gauthama Budha was born at
40. The Chera King known as “Red Chera”?
41. Alexander the great defeated
42. Indica was written by?
43. The Second Buddhist Council was held at
44.Who is popularly known as the Indian Napoleon ?
Answer: Samudra Gupthan
45. Last King of Kakatiya dynasty ?
Answer: Prataparudra II
46. The second Battle of Tarrain in 1192, Mohammed Gori defeated?
Answer: Prithviraj Chauhan
47. The king on the throne of Vijayanagar at the time of battle of Talikota ?
48. Qutub –ud-din Aibek built the Quwaat-ul-Islammosque to commemorate his capture of
49. The wisest fool of medieval India is ?
Answer: Mohammed bin Thuglaq
50. “Tarikh-i-Firoz Shahi” was written by?
Answer: Ziaudin Barani
51. Ibn Batuta, the famous Arab Scholar visited India during the reign of
Answer: Mohaummed Bin Thuglaq
52. Purana Qila in Delhi was built by
53.Ashtrapratan” was the council of Ministers of
54. Zapti is the land revenue system introduced by
55. Jahangir the Mughal ruler murdered the Sikh guru :
Answer: Guru Arjun singh
56. The mughal gardens-Shalimar and Nishad in Srinagar built by ?
57. Ustad Isa was the Architect of
Answer: Taj Mahal
58. Harihara and Bukka laid the foundations of
Answer: Vijaya Nagar Empire
59. The author of “Prithvi Raj Raso “ was:
Answer: Chandra Vardai
60.The first Carnatic war came to an end with the
Answer: Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle
61. Permanent land Revenue Settlement was introduced in Bengal By
Answer: Lord Cornwallis
62. Doctrine of Lapse” was applied by
Answer: Lord Dalhousie
63. Principles of panchasheel were framed in
64. Local Self Government in India, for the first time was introduced by
Answer: Lord Rippon
65. The President of Pakistan who signed the Tashkent Agreement after the Indo-Pak War of 1965 was?
Answer: Ayub Khan
66. The war between India and China took place in?
67. Thashkent Pact was signed between
Answer: Lal Bahadur Sastri and Ayub Khan
68. Mixed Colony system was introduced by:
69. Electricity Agitation of Cochin was against the decision of the Diwan ?
Answer: Sir.R.K.Shanmukham Chetti
70 The Authour of “India Today”
71. Would you mind ———the door?
72. I wish he——-settle the issue soon
73. The approximate meaning of ‘run on the mill’
74. Midhun said”Do you enjoy cricket”(Change into Indirect Speech)”
Answer: Midhun asked me if I enjoyed cricket.
75. One must always be careful in ——-dealing with others
76. Rahul is very rich.He can buy a car (Combine using ‘enough’)
Answer: Rahul is rich enough to buy a car
77. Meaning of the phrase”Ad hoc”
Answer: formed for some special purpose
78. Everyone looked up to him. (change into Passive voice)
Answer: He was looked up to by everyone.
79. This juice is made —–fresh oranges.
80. Our Chief Minister is a person of long experience in politic. (Use one word for the words in bold)
81. The mis-spelt word among the following:
(Synonym, Synagogue, Symposiam, Symptom)
82. When the police interrogated the thief, he made a clean breast ofeverything (Meaning of the idiom in bold)
83. It is five years——–I retired
84. The bundle is so heavy that I cannot lift it.(Use ‘too’ instead of ‘So that’)
Answer: The bundle is too heavy for me to lift
85. The word which is nearest in meaning of the word”profound”
86. The Government has decided to ——–all unauthorised buildings
Answer: pull down
87. ——-you apologize, he won’t forgive you.
88. The mother as well as her three children———-taken to the hospital.
89. The old man was too weak to travel ——himself.
90. Roshan was so absorbed———–his work that he didn’t even raise his head.
91. It———-heavily when I woke up yesterday.
Answer: was raining
92. Mahathma Gandhi appealed to the people to ———the cruelties of British authorities.
Answer: put up with
93. Opposite of the word “Rigid”
94. Few students knew the answer,—–
Answer: did they
95. The word which is nearest in meaning of the word “economical”
96. If the driver——–the brake, the car would have hit the old man.
Answer: had not applied
97. There weren’t any hotels nearby , ———?
Answer: were there
98. It was with great difficulty he gained entry to the auditorium, but he made a sudden ———
99. The thieves not only robbed the travellers—–, beat them up.
Answer: but also
100. I——–him the truth, if i were you.
Answer: would tell