PSC Secretariat Assistant/Auditor Model Questions and Answers – Part 2
Question Paper Code: 04/2013
Department: GOVT.SECRETARIAT/ KERALA PUBLIC
SERVICE COMMISSION/ AG’S OFFICE(EKM), LFAD etc
Date of Test: 05-01-2013
1. Which lamp has the highest energy efficiency?
(A) Incandescent Lamp (B) LED Lamp
(C) CFL (D) Arc Lamp
2. Yellow light is a combination of …………. primary colors.
(A) Blue, Green (B) Red, Blue
(C) Red, Green (D) Red, Blue and Green
3. Diverging lens produces ………. type of images.
(A) small virtual image (B) big real image
(C) small real image (D) big virtual image
4. The process used to produce Ammonia is:
(A) Contact process (B) Haber process
(C) Chlor-alkali process (D) Creighton process
5. The non-metal which exists in liquid state at room temperature is:
(A) Mercury (B) Sodium
(C) Potassium (D) Bromine
6. 2007 Nobel prize for Chemistry was awarded to:
(A) Gerhard Ertl
(B) Dan Shechtman
(C) Richard Fred Heck
(D) Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
7. The 5th state of matter is:
(C) Bose-Einstein condensate
(D) Fermionic condensate
8. Speed of Blue color light in vacuum is:
(A) >3×108 m/s (B) =3×108 m/s
(C) <3×108 m/s (D) 300 m/s
9. Which fuel has the highest Calorific Value?
(A) Bio-Gas (B) Methane
(C) Petrol (D) Hydrogen
10. In which direction does rainbow appear in the morning?
(A) North (B) South
(C) East (D) West
11. The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand is …………
(A) Manohar Parrikar (B) Vijay Bahuguna
(C) B.C.Khanduri (D) Arjun Munda
12. Who is the President of France?
(A) Nicolas Sarkozy (B) Jacques chirac
(C) Francois Hollande (D) Jaochim Gauck
13. The Booker Prize winner of 2012 is …………..
(A) Jeet Thayil (B) Hilary Mantel
(C) Julian Barnes (D) Mo Yan
14. ICC T20 World Cup winner of 2012 is…………..
(A) Sri Lanka (B) Australia
(C) India (D) West Indies
15. Who won the women’s 100 meter Gold in 2012 London Olympics:
(A) Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
(B) Carmelita Jeter
(C) Christine Ohuruogo
(D) Felix Sanchez
16. The 59th National Award for Best Director was won by:
(A) Gurvinder Singh (B) Salim Ahamed
(C) Suveeran (D) Vetrimaaran
17. God’s particle is the pseudonym of ……………
(A) Large Hadron Collider (B) Quarks
(C) Leptons (D) Higgs Boson
18. Which rocket was launched by ISRO during its 100th mission?
(A) ASLV-C21 (B) GSLV-C21
(C) PSLV-C21 (D) INSAT-C21
19. The 2012 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to ………………
(A) Liu Xiaobo
(B) European Union
(C) Barack Obama
(D) Inter governmental Panel on climate change
20. The minister for Cooperation in Kerala is:
(A) C.N. Balakrishnan (B) K. Babu
(C) Adoor Prakash (D) V. K. Ebrahim Kunju
21. India is called a tropical country mainly on account of its:
(A) Latitudinal Extent
(B) Longitudinal Extent
(C) Areal Size
(D) Tropical Monsoon Climate
22. The marshy and forested land in northern part of Uttar Pradesh is:
(A) Khadar (B) Bangar
(C) Terai (D) Siwaliks
23. Which river is called a river between the two mountains?
(A) Narmada (B) Ganga
(C) Godhavari (D) Sutlej
24. Which state is called the agricultural epitome of India?
(A) West Bengal (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Tamil Nadu (D) Madhya Pradesh
25. Which region of India has a larger female population than the male population?
(A) West Bengal (B) Mizoram
(C) Nagaland (D) Puducherry
Answer: D (from the options given)