PSC College Lecturer Questions and Answers: Are you searching for Solved PSC Questions of College Lecturer examinations? Here are the 100 model PSC College Lecturer examination’s questions and answers.
Lecturer in College PSC Previous Questions Solved
1. First Governor of Kerala State :
(A) C. Raja Gopalachari
(B) Dr. A.R. Menon
(C) B. Ramakrishna Rao
(D) Venkata Rao
2. The Indian Constitution has borrowed the idea of preamble from :
(A) Constitution of Canada
(B) British Constitution
(C) French Constitution
(D) Constitution of USA
3. The 1st Bank in India :
(A) Bank of Hindustan
(B) State Bank of India
(C) Allahabad Bank
(D) Nedungadi Bank
4. The person who won ‘Dadasaheb Phalke’ award of 2014 :
(A) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
(B) Shashi Kapoor
(C) Sayyid Misra
(D) Gireesh Karnad
5. Telangana State is came into being existed on :
(A) January 2014
(B) May 2014
(C) March 2014
(D) June 2014
6. Who was the founder of ‘Islamia Public House’ ?
(A) Vakkom Abdul Khadir Maulavi
(B) Ali Musaliyar
(C) Muhammed Abdur Rahiman
(D) Nazeem Sayyid
7. The Nair Service Society was founded in the year :
8. The Madrass Governor who issued orders permitting Channar women to wear Jacket and Pinafore ?
(A) Lord Wellesley
(B) Lord Haris
(C) Lord Macaulay
(D) Colonel Monroe
9. Who was the Editor of the Newspaper ‘Desabhimani’ ?
(A) T.K. Madhavan
(B) C. Krishnan
(C) A.K. Pillai
(D) K. Kelappan
10. ‘Varthamana Pustakam’ the first travelogue in Malayalam was written by :
(A) Herman Gundart
(B) Jovannes Gonsalvez
(C) Paremekkal Thoma Kathanar
11. What aspect of the research report should be most concerned, when it is not peer reviewed ?
(A) The length of the report
(B) The implications of the research
(C) The quality of the research
(D) The authors sincerity
12. Which of the following is not a form of qualitative research?
(B) Ex-post facto research
(C) Case study
(D) Phenomenological inquiry
13. Who popularized action research?
(A) John Lock
(B) Ken Springer
(C) Stephen M Corey
(D) Louis Cohen
14. Longitudinal studies investigate :
(A) Different subjects over time
(B) Different subjects at the same time
(C) Same subjects at different levels
(D) Same subjects over time
15. A suggested explanation for something, which has not been proved to be true is :
16. Assessment used to monitor learning progress during instruction :
(A) Formative assessment
(B) Summative assessment
(C) Prognostic assessment
17. What is meant by Retro-active inhibition?
(A) Failure to recall newly learned things by the influence of early learning
(B) Failure to assimilate new learning
(C) Failure to recall earlier learning due to the interference of new learning
(D) Failure to adjust with the new learning by the interference of environment
18. ‘Drive Reduction Theory of Learning’ is formulated by :
19. Reinforcement is a major principle in :
20. The personality of teachers influence the personality of students through a process of:
21. The minimum number of members prescribed for a Legislative Assembly under Article 170(1) of the Constitution of India is …………..
(D) seventy five
22. Article 21-A was introduced into The Constitution of India through …………..
(A) The Constitution (eighty-fifth Amendment) Act 2001
(B) The Constitution (eighty-sixth Amendment) Act 2002
(C) The Constitution (eighty-seventh Amendment) Act 2003
(D) The Constitution (eighty-eighth Amendment) Act 2003
23. The Supreme Court has held that National Awards like ‘Bharat Ratna’, ‘Padma Bhushan’, etc. are not ‘Titles’ within the meaning of Article 18 in …………..
(A) Balaji Raghavan v Union of India AIR 1996 SC 770
(B) Jaipal v State of Haryana AIR 1988 SC 1504
(C) John Vallamattom v Union of India AIR 2003 SC 2902
(D) Dharam Dutt v Union of India AIR 2004 SC 1295
24. ……………… of the Constitution of India directs the State to strive to promote the welfare of the people by securing and protecting as effectively as it may, a social order in which justice, social economic and political, shall inform all the institutions of the National life.
(A) Article 45
(B) Article 37
(C) Article 40
(D) Article 38(1)
25. The Constitution of India imposes a duty upon citizens to safeguard public property and to abjure from violence through ………………
(A) Article 51-A(c)
(B) Article 51-A(f)
(C) Article 51-A(i)
(D) Article 51-A(j)
26. The Chief Information Commissioner under The Right to Information Act 2005 shall hold office for a term of ……………. from the date of entering office, subject to a maximum age of 65 years.
(A) Five years
(B) Six years
(C) Ten years
(D) Four years
27. Under Section 12(1)(b) of The Sexual Harassment of Women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013, during the pendency of an enquiry, the committee on written request of the aggrieved woman, may recommend to the employer to grant her leave up to a period of ……………..
(A) three months
(B) six months
(C) one year
(D) two years
28. As per Section 4(1)(b) of The National Green Tribunal Act 2010, The Tribunal shall consist of a maximum of ………….. full time Judicial members.
29. As per Section 58, offences under The Biological Diversity Act 2002 shall be ……………
(C) Cognizable and non-bailable
30. Under Section 7(1) of The Mahatma Gandhi NREG Act 2005, if an applicant for employment under the scheme is not provided such employment within …………… of receipt of his application seeking employment, he shall be entitled to a daily unemployment allowance.
(A) ten days
(B) fifteen days
(C) thirty days
(D) sixty days
31. The return of which season is described in the opening of “The Prologue” to The Canterbury Tales ?
32. The pilgrims in “The Prologue” to The Canterbury Tales represent a cross section of ………….. English society.
(A) Twelfth Century
(B) Thirteenth Century
(C) Fourteenth Century
(D) Fifteenth Century
33. The two beautiful maidens in “Prothalamion” are the daughters of …………….
(A) The Earl of Lancaster
(B) The Earl of Worcester
(C) The Earl of Leicester
(D) Lord Burghley
34. /To this I witness call the fools of Time/
Which die for goodness who have lived for crime/
These lines are from Shakespeare’s Sonnet ………………
(B) Twenty Nine
(C) Fifty Seven
(D) One Hundred and Twenty Four
35. The number of lines in Donne’s “A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning” is ……………
(B) Thirty Six
(D) Thirty Two
36. The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
The lowing herd wind slowly o’er the lea.
These lines are from a poem by :
(B) Thomas Gray
(C) John Dryden
(D) Alexander Pope
37. According to Francis Bacon, the chief use for ornament in studies is in ……………
38. The servant of Faustus who uses his master’s books to learn how to summon devils :
39. The University where Hamlet studied :
40. Crabtree is a character in :
(A) The Tempest
(B) The Rivals
(C) The Way of the World
(D) The School for Scandal
41. “The Tiger” is ……………. stanzas in length.
42. “Ode on Intimations of Immortality” recollects ……………
(A) Old age
(C) Middle age
(D) Early Childhood
43. If winter comes, can spring be far behind ?
Who wrote this line ?
44. Each stanza of “Ode on a Grecian Urn” consists of ………….. lines.
45. “Ulysses” is a poem written in ……………
(A) Free verse
(B) Blank verse
(C) Rhymed verse
46. The poem “My Last Duchess” is set during the late …………….
(A) French Renaissance
(B) British Renaissance
(C) Spanish Renaissance
(D) Italian Renaissance
47. Which sea is mentioned in connection with Sophocles in “Dover Beach” ?
(A) English Channel
(B) Red Sea
(C) Aegean Sea
(D) Strait of Dover
48. Essays of Elia is collection of essays written by ………………..
(B) Charles Lamb
(C) J.S. Mill
(D) E.V. Lucas
49. How many daughters Mrs. and Mr. Bennet have in Pride and Prejudice?
50. The alternate title of Oliver Twist is :
(A) A Rake’s Progress
(B) The Orphan’s Progress
(C) A Kid’s Progress
(D) The Parish Boy’s Progress
51. What was the first title of W.B. Yeats’s “The Second Coming” ?
(A) The Second Birth
(B) The Apocalypse Gyre
(C) The Rebirth
(D) The Widening
52. The title of the third section of Eliot’s The Waste Land is ……………..
(A) A Game of Chess
(B) Death by Water
(C) The Burial of the Dead
(D) The Fire Sermon
53. The meaning of the word “simples” in “Church Going” :
(B) Irish coins
54. Which King opposed Thomas Becket ?
(A) Henry II
(B) Henry IV
(C) Henry VI
(D) Henry VIII
55. In Pygmalion, Henry Higgins was professor of ………………
56. Which is the subtitle of the English version of Waiting for Godot ?
(A) a comedy in two acts
(B) a tragedy in two acts
(C) a comedy
(D) a tragicomedy in two acts
57. Stanley Webber was a former ……………. in The Birthday Party.
(A) Drum Player
(B) Piano Player
(C) Organ Player
(D) Opera Singer
58. What is the name of Stephen Dedalus’s father ?
59. When did Paul Morel become his mother’s favourite ?
(A) after his birth
(B) after his affair with Clara
(C) after the birth of Arthur
(D) after the death of William
60. The young painter who begins a portrait of Mrs. Ramsay :
(B) Mrs. McNab
61. “Theory of Rasa” is taken from …………….
62. Aristotle’s Poetics is specifically concerned with …………….
63. “On the Sublime” was written by :
64. According to Dr. Johnson, “Shakespeare is above all writers, at least above all modern writers, the poet of ……………..”
65. “Willing suspension of disbelief” figures in ……………
(A) Preface to the Fables
(B) Study of Poetry
(C) Preface to the Lyrical Ballads
(D) Biographia Literaria
66. Who authored Anatomy of Criticism ?
(A) Northrop Frye
(B) Matthew Arnold
(C) T.S. Eliot
(D) Cleanth Brooks
67. According to Viktor Shklovsky, the technique of art is to make objects :
68. In classical thought the centre is within the structure and outside it because, according to Derrida, the centre escapes ……………..
69. In “What is an author ?”, Foucault considers …………….. as characteristic of the mode of existence, circulation and functioning of certain discourses within a society and he analyses it elaborately.
70. Who can write Dalit literature, according to Sharankumar Limbale ?
(A) a Dalit
(B) any writer
(C) a varna
(D) an avarna
71. In philology, Grimm’s law gives systematic statements on :
(A) Sound change
72. Old English is also known as :
73. In which dialect was Beowulf written ?
74. The Norman Conquest of England took place in ……………… Century.
75. Through the Great Vowel Shift, all Middle English …………….. changed their pronunciation.
(A) long vowels
(B) short vowels
(C) semi vowels
76. How many second person personal pronouns were in Early Modern English ?
77. How many varieties of English are in use globally ?
78. Bloomfield is connected with ……………..
(B) Traditional Grammar
(C) American Structuralism
(D) Prague School
79. TG Grammar is associated with :
80. Creole is ……………..
(A) a combination of many languages
(B) a language developed from Pidgin
(C) a variety of English
(D) a combination of two languages
81. Gitanjali was originally written in
82. Sri Aurobindo’s full name is …………….
(A) Aurobindo Ghose
(B) Aurobindo Dhun
(C) Aurobindo Krishna
(D) Aravind Ghosh
83. In “Poet, Lover, Bird Watcher”, the best poets wait for ……………..
84. In “Road not Taken”, two roads diverged in a ……………….
(A) green forest
(B) yellow wood
(C) a green meadow
(D) a dark wood
85. Which ocean is mentioned in “Daddy” ?
86. Who wrote “Philosophy of Hinduism” ?
(A) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
(B) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(C) M.K. Gandhi
(D) Sri Aurobindo
87. Emerson, in “Self Reliance” calls upon the individual to rely on :
(D) popular opinion
88. The rebels believed that Emperor Jones could be killed only by a :
(A) Silver bullet
(B) Copper bullet
(C) Poisoned arrow
(D) White man
89. In Midnight’s Children, Saleem Sinai was held as a political prisoner during ………………
(A) Independence struggle
(B) Partition of India
(C) 15 August, 1947
90. Manjula Padmanabhan’s The Harvest is a play that can be termed as :
91. One of the following is considered a seminal text in Post Colonial Studies :
(A) The Laugh of the Medusa
(B) The Anxiety of Influence
(C) The Wretched of the Earth
(D) The Step Mother Tongue
92. In relation to imperialism, colonialism specifically concerns …………….
93. Raymond Williams is associated with :
(A) Prague School
(B) Birmingham Centre
(C) Frankfurt School
(D) London School
94. Dick Hebdige terms the new forms of cultures produced by marginalized groups …………….
(A) Popular cultures
(B) Sub cultures
(C) Minor cultures
(D) Low cultures
95. According to Baudrillard, ‘hyperreal’ is :
(A) Reality that is not true
(B) Copies of the real without origin
(C) Signs that are abstract
(D) The virtual world
96. Stephen Greenblatt is a ………………..
(A) New Historicist
(B) Post Feminist
(C) Queer Theorist
(D) Cultural Materialist
97. Epistemology of the Closet, a significant contribution to queer theory is authored by ………………
(A) Kate Millett
(B) Julia Kristeva
(C) Juliet Mitchell
(D) Eve K Sedgwick
98. Cyber feminists consider cyber culture as …………………
99. The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere is written by :
100. Glotfelty defines ecocriticism as “the study of the relationship between literature and …………….. “.
(B) flora and fauna
(D) physical environment