PSC HSST Economics SR for SC/ST Model Questions and Answers
PSC HSST Economics Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for HSST Economics SR for SC/ST PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC HSST Economics Examination.
PSC HSST Economics Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 64/2016/OL
Category Code: 691/2014
Exam: HSST ECONOMICS JR SC/ST
Date of Test: 01-08-2016
1. Name the British missionary who opened an English school at Mattancherry ?
(A) J Dawson (B) Benjamin Bailey
(C) Richard Collins (D) Robert Drummond
2. Who established ‘Samathwa Samajam’ in 1836 ?
(B) Vaikunta Swami
(C) Brahmananda Sivayogi
(D) K. P. Karuppan
3. When was approach roads to Vaikam temple thrown open to all Hindus ?
4. Who started the newspaper ‘Kerala Kaumudi’ ?
(A) Kumaran Asan
(B) Kesavan Asan
(C) T. K. Madhavan
(D) C. V. Kunhiraman
5. Who was the editor and founder of the magazine ‘Shrimati’ ?
(A) Arya Pallam
(B) Anna Chandi
(C) Akkamma Cheriyan
(D) A. V. Kuttimalu Amma
6. From where was Kerala’s first newspaper ‘Kerala Samacharam’ published ?
7. When was Panchayati Raj Act passed in Kerala ?
8. Who is known to the world of letters by his title ‘Kerala Panini’ ?
(A) Kerala Varma
(B) K. C. Kesava Pillai
(C) Kochunni Tampuran
(D) A. R. Raja Raja Varma
9. Which district introduced ‘Kudumasree Scheme’ in Kerala ?
10. Which Chief Minister brought ‘Dies non’ law of Kerala ?
(A) E. M. S. Naboothirippad
(B) E. K. Nayanar
(C) C. Achyutha Menon
(D) Panampilly Govinda Menon
11. Arrange the following teaching process in their order of sequence.
i) Presenting subject matter
ii) Setting instructional objectives
iii) Asking evaluating questions
iv) Testing previous knowledge
v) Re-teaching the hard spots
(A) iv, i, ii, iii, v
(B) i, ii, iv, iii, v
(C) ii, iv, i, iii, v
(D) ii, iii, iv, v, i
12. Which of the following belong to a projected aid ?
(A) Still models
13. Which of the following is a teacher education technique which allows teachers to apply clearly defined teaching skills ?
(A) Co-operative teaching
(B) Team teaching
(C) Collaborative teaching
(D) Micro teaching
14. The most appropriate purpose of learning is
(A) Social and political awareness
(B) Positive behaviour adaptation
(C) For gaining new knowledge
(D) Preparing oneself for livelihood
15. If the test is taken again by the same students under the same circumstances the score average is almost the constant. This quality of a test is
16. Which type of Research method places its emphasis on a problem here and now in a
local setting ?
(A) Action Research
(B) Basic Research
(C) Applied Research
(D) Historical Research
17. Which of the following determine the type of data to be required and the type of methods of data analysis to be used in research ?
18. A meeting or conference for the public discussion of some topic especially one in which the participants form an audience and make presentation
19. ‘Sampling frame’ means
(A) Preparing a complete list of units of a finite population for drawing a sample
(B) Identification of target and accessible population
(C) Defining sample unit and selecting units
(D) Fixing the sample size and drawing a sample
20. Which of the following characteristic cannot be considered a quality of good hypothesis?
21. Which of the following determines that the Indian Constitution is federal ?
(A) A written and Rigid Constitution
(B) An independent judiciary
(C) Vesting of residuary powers with the centre
(D) Distribution of powers between the Centre and the States
22. The term ‘cabinet’ is mentioned in which of the following articles of the Constitution ?
(A) Art. 74
(B) Art. 75
(C) Art. 352
(D) Not mentioning in the Constitution
23. The institution of Lokayukta was created for the first time by the state of
24. Which of the following writs is not specifically provided in the Constitution of India ?
25. Consider the following
1. Right to education
2. Right to equal access to public service
3. Right to food
Which of the above is/are Human Right/Human Rights under “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”
(A) 1 only
(B) 1 and 2 only
(C) 3 only
(D) 1, 2 and 3