PSC Lecturer in English Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for Lecturer in English PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC Lecturer in English Examination.
PSC Lecturer in English Model Questions and Answers
1. First Governor of Kerala State :
(A) C. Raja Gopalachari (B) Dr. A.R. Menon
(C) B. Ramakrishna Rao (D) Venkata Rao
2. The Indian Constitution has borrowed the idea of preamble from :
(A) Constitution of Canada (B) British Constitution
(C) French Constitution (D) Constitution of USA
3. The 1st Bank in India :
(A) Bank of Hindustan (B) State Bank of India
(C) Allahabad Bank (D) Nedungadi Bank
4. The person who won ‘Dadasaheb Phalke’ award of 2014 :
(A) Adoor Gopalakrishnan (B) Shashi Kapoor
(C) Sayyid Misra (D) Gireesh Karnad
5. Telangana State is came into being existed on :
(A) January 2014 (B) May 2014
(C) March 2014 (D) June 2014
6. Who was the founder of ‘Islamia Public House’ ?
(A) Vakkom Abdul Khadir Maulavi (B) Ali Musaliyar
(C) Muhammed Abdur Rahiman (D) Nazeem Sayyid
7. The Nair Service Society was founded in the year :
(A) 1903 (B) 1911
(C) 1914 (D) 1918
8. The Madrass Governor who issued orders permitting Channar women to wear Jacket and Pinafore ?
(A) Lord Wellesley (B) Lord Haris
(C) Lord Macaulay (D) Colonel Monroe
9. Who was the Editor of the Newspaper ‘Desabhimani’ ?
(A) T.K. Madhavan (B) C. Krishnan
(C) A.K. Pillai (D) K. Kelappan
10. ‘Varthamana Pustakam’ the first travelogue in Malayalam was written by :
(A) Herman Gundart (B) Jovannes Gonsalvez
(C) Paremekkal Thoma Kathanar (D) Baily
11. What aspect of the research report should be most concerned, when it is not peer reviewed ?
(A) The length of the report (B) The implications of the research
(C) The quality of the research (D) The authors sincerity
12. Which of the following is not a form of qualitative research ?
(A) Ethnography (B) Ex-post facto research
(C) Case study (D) Phenomenological inquiry
13. Who popularized action research ?
(A) John Lock (B) Ken Springer
(C) Stephen M Corey (D) Louis Cohen
14. Longitudinal studies investigate :
(A) Different subjects over time
(B) Different subjects at the same time
(C) Same subjects at different levels
(D) Same subjects over time
15. A suggested explanation for something, which has not been proved to be true is :
(A) Assumption (B) Hypothesis
(C) Concept (D) Delimitation
16. Assessment used to monitor learning progress during instruction :
(A) Formative assessment (B) Summative assessment
(C) Prognostic assessment (D) CCE
17. What is meant by Retro-active inhibition?
(A) Failure to recall newly learned things by the influence of early learning
(B) Failure to assimilate new learning
(C) Failure to recall earlier learning due to the interference of new learning
(D) Failure to adjust with the new learning by the interference of environment
18. ‘Drive Reduction Theory of Learning’ is formulated by :
(A) Thorndike (B) Pavlov
(C) Skinner (D) Hull
19. Reinforcement is a major principle in :
(A) Humanism (B) Psycho-analysis
(C) Constructivism (D) Behaviourism
20. The personality of teachers influence the personality of students through a process of :
(A) Observation (B) Imitation
(C) Psycho-osmosis (D) Comparison
21. The minimum number of members prescribed for a Legislative Assembly under Article 170(1) of the Constitution of India is …………..
(A) forty (B) fifty
(C) sixty (D) seventy five
22. Article 21-A was introduced into The Constitution of India through …………..
(A) The Constitution (eighty-fifth Amendment) Act 2001
(B) The Constitution (eighty-sixth Amendment) Act 2002
(C) The Constitution (eighty-seventh Amendment) Act 2003
(D) The Constitution (eighty-eighth Amendment) Act 2003
23. The Supreme Court has held that National Awards like ‘Bharat Ratna’, ‘Padma Bhushan’, etc. are not ‘Titles’ within the meaning of Article 18 in …………..
(A) Balaji Raghavan v Union of India AIR 1996 SC 770
(B) Jaipal v State of Haryana AIR 1988 SC 1504
(C) John Vallamattom v Union of India AIR 2003 SC 2902
(D) Dharam Dutt v Union of India AIR 2004 SC 1295
24. ……………… of the Constitution of India directs the State to strive to promote the welfare of the people by securing and protecting as effectively as it may, a social order in which justice, social economic and political, shall inform all the institutions of the National life.
(A) Article 45 (B) Article 37
(C) Article 40 (D) Article 38(1)
25. The Constitution of India imposes a duty upon citizens to safeguard public property and to abjure from violence through ………………
(A) Article 51-A(c) (B) Article 51-A(f)
(C) Article 51-A(i) (D) Article 51-A(j)