PSC Secretariat Assistant/Auditor Model Questions and Answers
51. The famous Tirunelli temple lies in the valley of:
(A) Ezhimala (B) Brahmagiri
(C) Puralimala (D) Malayattor
52. Which of the following river was called as ‘Churni’ in Ancient times?
(A) Bharatapuzha (B) Pampa
(C) Chaliyar (D) Periyar
53. Which of the work contains the earliest reference to the town of Quilon?
(A) Topographia Indika Christiana (B) Periplus of Erythrean Sea
(C) Tao-i-Chilio (D) Si-Yu-Ki
54. Who was the leader of the first agricultural labourers strike in Kerala demanding the social and economic issues?
(A) A.K. Gopalan (B) P. Krishna Pillai
(C) EMS Namboodiripad (D) Ayyankali
55. What was the original name of Vagbhatananda?
(A) Kunhiraman (B) Kunhikannan
(C) Kunhunni (D) Kumaran
56. Who started Prathyaksha Raksha Dhaiva Sabha, a Dalit liberation movement in Kerala?
(A) Poykayil Yohannan (B) Pandit Karuppan
(C) Thycaud Ayya (D) Natraja Guru
57. The famous work ‘Mokshapradeepam’ was written by:
(A) Dr. Palpu (B) Kumaranasan
(C) V.T. Bhattatirippad (D) Brahmananda Sivayogi
58. Where was the famous news paper “Swadeshabhimani” started by Vakkom Abdul Khadar Maulavi?
(A) Kannur (B) Cochin
(C) Anchutengu (D) Attingal
59. Nair Service Society was formed in the year:
(A) 1911 (B) 1914
(C) 1917 (D) 1928
60. Who founded ‘Advita Ashram’ at Aluva in 1913?
(A) Chattampi Swami (B) Ayya Vaikundar
(C) Thycaud Ayya (D) Sri Narayana Guru
61. Right to property was removed from the list of Fundamental Rights by the:
(A) 43rd Amendment (B) 45th Amendment
(C) 44th Amendment (D) 42nd Amendment
62. The chairman and members of the State Public Service Commission are appointed by:
(A) The President (B) The Chief Justice of the High Court
(C) The Chief Minister of the State (D) The Governor
63. Who act as the friend, philosopher and guide of the Public Account Committee?
(A) The Prime Minister (B) Comptroller and Auditor General
(C) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha (D) Attorney General
64. An order of Court to produce a person suffering detention is called:
(A) Mandamus (B) Certiorari
(C) Habeas Corpus (D) Quo-warranto
65. The Concept of Directive Principles was borrowed from:
(A) Irish Republic (B) Switzerland
(C) Constitution of USA (D) Constitution of UK
66. ‘Sati’- Self immolation of windows – was prohibited by law in Bengal in 1829 by the British governor:
(A) Sir John Shore (B) Warren Hastings
(C) Wellesley (D) William Bentinck
67. What is the time limit within which an information is to be provided regarding the life and liberty of a person under the R.T.I. Act 2005?
(A) 30 days (B) 24 hours
(C) 60 days (D) 48 hours
68. The SC/ST (Preventions of Atrocities) Act 1989 enforced with effect from:
(A) 30th January 1990 (B) 22nd February 1991
(C) 30th November 1990 (D) 30th July 1990
69. Who wrote the book “A vindication of the rights of woman”?
(A) Frieden (B) Mary Wollstone Craft
(C) Ginsburg (D) Casgrain
70. The Lokayukta and Upalokayukta Act was first passed in:
(A) Maharashtra (B) West Bengal
(C) Karnataka (D) Tamil Nadu
71. Fill in the blanks with suitable articles: “Can I have …………… omelette and …………… apple with my tea?”
(A) a, an (B) a, a
(C) an, an (D) an, a
72. Correct the following sentence: “No newses are good newses.”
(A) No news is good news (B) No newses are good newses
(C) No newses is good newses (D) No news are good news
73. The masculine gender of ‘Duck’ is :
(A) Duckling (B) Goose
(C) Swan (D) Drake
74. Pick out the adjective from the following sentence: “Neha comes here every day.”
(A) comes (B) here
(C) every (D) day
75. Fill in the suitable comparative form of the adjective: “Have you heard the …………. News?”
(A) late (B) later
(C) latest (D) lated