PSC Secretariat Assistant/Auditor Model Questions and Answers
26. Methane gas is invented by the scientist:
(A) Alexandro Volta (B) Alexander Fleming
(C) John Dalton (D) Thomas Alwa Edison
27. Which of the following units is usually used to denote the intensity of pollution?
(A) Milligrams (B) Nanograms
(C) Parts per million (D) Kilogram
28. Nitrogen fixing bacteria lives in the root tumours of pea-plants is called:
(A) Rhizome (B) Rhizobium
(C) E.coli (D) Streptococcus
29. Which of the following chemicals is used in fire extinguishers?
(A) Sodium bicarbonate (B) Sodium nitrate
(C) Potassium bicarbonate (D) Sodium chloride
30. Which phenomenon of light is behind the rainbow?
(A) Diffraction (B) Scattering
(C) Reflection (D) Radiation
31. What is the full form of ‘NITI’ in NITI Aayog?
(A) National Integration and Transforming India
(B) National Institution for Transforming India
(C) National Institution for Transporting India
(D) National Institute for Technology of India
32. Who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2014?
(A) Alice Munro (B) Herta Muller
(C) Patrick Modiano (D) Mo Yan
33. Who is the new President of Sri Lanka?
(A) Mahindra Rajapaksa (B) Chandrika Kumaratunga
(C) Ranil Wickremasinghe (D) Maithripala Sirisena
34. In which year ‘Bharat Ratna’, the highest civilian award in India was instituted?
(A) 1952 (B) 1954
(C) 1956 (D) 1964
35. Who is the present Governor of Kerala?
(A) P. Sadasivam (B) R.L. Bhatia
(C) Nikhil Kumar (D) Sheela Dikshit
36. Which work of Subhash Chandra won Kendra Sahitya Academy Award 2014?
(A) Ghatikarangal Nilaykunna Samayam
(B) Bloody Mary
(C) Parudeesa Nashtam
(D) Manushyanu Oru Aamukham
37. On which day ‘Mangalyan’ was launched from Sriharikotta?
(A) 5 November 2012 (B) 5 November 2013
(C) 24 January 2014 (D) 24 September 2014
38. Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
(A) H.S. Brahma (B) V.S. Sambath
(C) S.Y. Quraishi (D) Navin Chawla
39. Headquarters of KILA is at:
(A) Kozhikode (B) Kottayam
(C) Thrissur (D) Ernakulam
40. The final match of FIFA World Cup 2014 was between:
(A) Germany and Argentina (B) Argentina and Brazil
(C) Germany and Netherland (D) Germany and Brazil
41. Which is the oldest mountain range in India?
(A) Aravalli (B) Western Ghats
(C) Eastern Ghats (D) Himalayas
42. Which river was considered as sacred by the Vedic Aryans?
(A) Sindhu (B) Ganga
(C) Saraswathi (D) Brahmaputra
43. Who wrote the famous book ‘Poverty and Un-British Rule in India’?
(A) R.P. Dutt (B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) M.G. Ranade (D) Gopalakrishna Gokhale
44. What was the original name of Swami Dayananda Saraswathi?
(A) Kesab Chandra Sen (B) Narendranath Dutta
(C) Mulshankar (D) Mohan Roy
45. Who among the following English men described the 1857 revolt was a ‘National Rising’?
(A) T.R. Holmes (B) James Mill
(C) Benjamin Disraeli (D) Sir James Outram
46. Who was the Chief Organiser of the ‘Ghadar Movement’?
(A) Lala Hardayal (B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Lala Lajapat Rai (D) Lal Chand Falak
47. The famous Champaran Satyagraha was started by Gandhiji in the year:
(A) 1916 (B) 1917
(C) 1919 (D) 1920
48. Which education reform was considered as the ‘Magna Carta’ of English Education in India?
(A) Charter Act of 1813 (B) Hunter Commission
(C) Wood’s Despatch (D) Indian University Act
49. Who was considered as the Father of Indian Local Self Government?
(A) Lord Mayo (B) Lord Curzon
(C) Lord Lytton (D) Lord Rippon
50. In which year Rash Bihari Bose organized the Indian Independence League at Bangkok?
(A) 1938 (B) 1940
(C) 1942 (D) 1944