PSC HSST English NCA Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for HSST English NCA PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC HSST English NCA Examination.
PSC HSST English NCA Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 78/2016/OL
Category Code: 060/2016
Exam: HSST English NCA
Date of Test: 14-11-2016
1. Founder of Prathyashareksha Daiva Sabha (PRDS)?
(A) Poilayil Yohannan
(B) Brahmananda Sivayogi
(C) Paremakkal Thoma Kathannar
(D) Chattampi Swamikal
2. Who presided over the meeting of Namboodhiri Youth wing held at Talipparambu in 1931?
(A) Sree devi Kannamppalli
(B) Uma Alampalli
(C) Kavumkkara Bhargavi
(D) Parvathi Nenmini Mangalam
3. The Malayalee woman who attended the International Women’s conference held at Copenhagen in 1949?
(A) Kamala Nambeesan
(B) Ammu Swaminthan
(C) Arya Pallam
(D) Priyadutta Mullamngalath
4. Author of the work ‘Jathikkumi’?
(A) Arattupuzha Velayudha Panicker
(B) Chittedathu SankuPillai
(C) Pandit KP Karuppan
(D) V T Bhattathirippad
5. Leader of the Malayalee Memmorial?
(A) C Kesavan
(C) Kumaran Asan
(D) Barister G P Pillai
6. Which day is observed as Human Rights Day?
(A) December 10
(B) January 10
(C) March 10
(D) May 10
7. ‘Operation Protective Edge’ is the name of which country’s controversial military action launched on its neighbourhood?
8. Which Indian legendary actor’s ancestral home in Peshawar(Pakistan) has recently been declared as a national heritage?
(A) Raj Kapur
(B) Dileep Kumar
(C) Dev Anand
(D) Rajesh Khanna
9. Who is the present United Nations Deputy Secretary General?
(A) Ban Ki Moon
(B) Jose Graziano
(C) Joan Closi Mathew
(D) Jan Eliassan
10. With which game is Thomas Cup associated?
(C) Lawn Tennis
11. Which of the following is an essential requirement for a language teacher?
(A) Acquire skill in reciting poems beautifully
(B) Acquire skill in manuscript preparation
(C) Acquire skill in language editing
(D) Acquire contextual knowledge
12. A language teacher provide feedback to learners in order to
(A) encourage them for learning
(B) give information to parents
(C) document learner progress
(D) schedule remedial teaching
13. Questions like, “What are the specific research questions? , How will validity and reliability be addressed?” etc. are related to
(A) Type of research
(B) Making hypotheses
(C) Research design
(D) Stating objectives of research
14. To become a professional language teacher, a teacher should conduct
(A) feedback analysis
(B) situational analysis
(C) content analysis
(D) procedural analysis
15. Nature of language development in children over time, can be studied using
(A) Cohort studies
(B) trend studies
(C) experimental studies
(D) exploratory studies
16. …………….. is the best method of instruction to teach poster preparation to novice learners
(A) Group discussion
17. Which formatting style manual is generally used for preparing manuscripts in English Language?
(A) APA style manual
(B) ELA style manual
(C) Chicago style manual
(D) MLA style manual
18. Which of the following serves the optimum purpose of evaluation?
(A) Correction in red ink
(B) assigning grades
(C) providing constructive comments
(D) preparing report cards
19. Impact factor of a journal is a measure of
(A) Frequency of publication
(B) Number of Citations
(C) Quality of Publisher
(D) Author status
20. Take care to ensure that relevant authorities are informed and permission and approval have been obtained for administration of any research tool or technique is associated with
(A) Research procedure
(B) Research ethics
(C) Research policy
(D) Research method
21. ‘Adult suffrage’ means
(A) All adults have right to vote
(B) Adult have a duty to serve the nation
(C) Duty of the Adult to look after their children
(D) All adult have equality right
22. Constituent Assembly adopted the constitution on
(A) 26th Jan 1950
(B) 26th Nov 1949
(C) 25th Aug 1948
(D) 29th Sep 1949
23. Which among the following is most appropriate to indicates the nature of Indian Constitution
(C) Federal with unitary Tendency
(D) Unitary with Federal Tendency
24. …………… is a criterion to decide ‘Minority’ status.
(C) Economic Status
25. ………………administers oath of office to Governor
(A) President of India
(B) Attorney General
(C) Advocate General
(D) Chief Justice of the High Court