Here is the detailed syllabus for the PSC Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST) Sanskrit (Junior) examination 2018.
KERALA HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
PSC HSST Sanskrit (Junior) Examination Detailed Syllabus – 2018
General Knowledge and Current Affairs Renaissance in Kerala
TOWARDS A NEW SOCIETY
Introduction to English education – various missionary organisations and their functioning- founding of educational institutions, factories, printing press etc.
EFFORTS TO REFORM THE SOCIETY
(A) Socio-Religious reform Movements
SNDP Yogam, Nair Service Society, Yogakshema Sabha, Sadhu Jana Paripalana Sangham, Vaala Samudaya Parishkarani Sabha, Samathwa Samajam, Islam Dharma Paripalana Sangham, Prathyaksha Raksha Daiva Sabha, Sahodara Prasthanam etc.
(B) Struggles and Social Revolts
Upper cloth revolts.Channar agitation, Vaikom Sathyagraha, Guruvayoor Sathyagraha, Paliyam Sathyagraha. Kuttamkulam Sathyagraha, Temple Entry Proclamation, Temple Entry Act .Malyalee Memorial, Ezhava Memorial etc. Malabar riots, Civil Disobedience Movement, Abstention movement etc
ROLE OF PRESS IN RENAISSANCE
Malayalee, Swadeshabhimani, Vivekodayam, Mithavadi, Swaraj, Malayala Manorama, Bhashaposhini, Mathnubhoomi, Kerala Kaumudi, Samadarsi, Kesari, AI-Ameen, Prabhatham, Yukthivadi, etc.
AWAKENING THROUGH LITERATURE
Novel, Drama, Poetry, Purogamana Sahithya Prasthanam, Nataka Prashtanam, Library movement etc.
WOMEN AND SOCIAL CHANGE
Parvathi Nenmenimangalam, Arya Pallam, A V Kuttimalu Amma, Lalitha Prabhu.Akkamma Cheriyan, Anna Chandi, Lalithambika Antharjanam and others.
LEADERS OF RENAISSANCE
Thycaud Ayya Vaikundar, Sree Narayana Guru, Ayyan Kali.Chattampi Swamikal, Brahmananda Sivayogi, Vagbhadananda, Poikayil Yohannan(Kumara Guru) Dr Palpu, Palakkunnath Abraham Malpan, Mampuram Thangal, Sahodaran Ayyappan, Pandit K P Karuppan, Pampadi John Joseph, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V T Bhattathirippad, Vakkom Abdul Khadar Maulavi, Makthi Thangal, Blessed Elias Kuriakose Chaavra, Barrister G P Pillai, TK Madhavan, Moorkoth Kumaran, C. Krishnan, K P Kesava Menon, Dr.Ayyathan Gopalan, C V Kunjuraman, Kuroor Neelakantan Namboothiripad, Velukkutty Arayan, K P Vellon, P K Chathan Master, K Kelappan, P. Krishna Pillai, A K Gopalan, T R Krishnaswami Iyer, C Kesavan. Swami Ananda Theerthan , M C Joseph, Kuttippuzha Krishnapillai and others.
Kodungallur Kunhikkuttan Thampuran, KeralaVarma Valiyakoyi Thampuran, Kandathil Varghesc Mappila. Kumaran Asan, Vallathol Narayana Menon, Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer, G Sankara Kurup, Changampuzha Krishna Pillai, Chandu Menon, Vaikom Muhammad Basheer. Kesav Dev, Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai, Ponkunnam Varky, S K Pottakkad and others.
Salient Features of Indian Constitution
Salient features of the Constitution – Preamble- Its significance and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution.
Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy – Relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles – Fundamental Duties.
Executive – Legislature – Judiciary – Both at Union and State Level. – Other Constitutional Authorities.
Centre-State Relations – Legislative – Administrative and Financial.
Services under the Union and the States.
Amendment Provisions of the Constitution.
Social Welfare Legislations and Programmes
Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act, Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children, Food Security Act, Environmental Acts etc. and Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme, Organ and Blood Donation etc.
PART 3 – Research Methodology/Teaching Aptitude
I. TEACHING APTITUDE
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems.
II. RESEARCH APTITUDE
- Research: Meaning, Characteristics and types;
- Steps of research;
- Methods of research;
- Research Ethics;
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium;
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
PART 4 – SANSKRIT
Module I – (1) General Study o Mahakvyas Khandakavyas and Storakavyas
Texual Study of
- (a) Raghuvamsa of Kalidasa Canto I, II and VI
- (b) Kumarasambhava of Kalidasa Canto 5 and 6
- (c) Kiratarjuniya of Bharavi Canto I
- (d) Sisupalavadha of Bharavi Canto I
- (e) Naisadhiyacarita of Sreeharha Canto I
- (f) Megaduta of Kalidasa
- (g) Narayaiya of elpathur Narayaabhattathiri Canto I,II and III
Module II Drama and Dramaturgy
- (1) General Study of the drama of Kalidasa, Bhasa, Sudraka, Bhavahuti, Sri Harsha and Visakhadatha.
- (2) Texual Study of the Rupaka
- (a) Mrichakatika of Sudraka
- (b) Abhijnana Sakunthala of Kalidasa
- (c) Uttararamacarita of Bhaahti
- (d) Swapunavaasvadatta of Bhasa
- (e) Ratnavali of Sriharsha
- (3) Texual Study of
- (a) Natysastra of Bharata Chapter I and VI
- (b) Dasarupaa of Dhnanjaya Chapter 1, 2 and 3
Module III Vedanta and Nyaya
- (1) General Study of Six Systems of Indian Philosohy (Samkhya – Yoga, Nyaya – Vaisesika and Mimamsa – Vedanta)
- (2) General Study of Dhamaastra an Arthsastra
- (3) Textual Study of
- (a) Vedantasara of Sadananda
- (b) Catussutra Brahmasutra – Sankarabhasya
- (c) Katopanisad
- (d) Muktavali _ Sabdakhanda
- (e) Tarkasamgrah of Annambhatta
- (d) Vedic Reader – Indra, Purusa, Agni, Kitva, and varuna
Module IV Poetics
- (1) Textual Study of
- (a) Dhwanyaloka of Ananavardhana Chapter – I, II and IV
- (b) Kavyaprakasa of Mamatabhatta Chapter – I, II and III
- (c) Rasagangadhara of Jagannatha Pandika Chapter I only
- (d) Vakroktijivita of Kunataka Chapter I only
- (e) Kavyamimamsa of Rajasekhara Chapter I Only
- (f) Sahtya darpana of Visvanatha Chapter I and II
- (2) General Study of
- (a) Kuvalayananda of Appayya Dishikar
- (b) Vrtharatanakara of Kedarabhatta.
Module V – Vyakarana
- (1) Textual study of
- (a) Vaiyakarana sidhantakahmudi Samjna, sandhi, Ajantapulinga, Ajantastrilinga, Ajantanapumsakalinga, Karaka, Sama, Bhavadiparakaranas
- (b) Mahabhasaya Paspasanka
- (c) Vakyapadiya Chapter I only
- (d) Nirukta Chapter I only
- (2) General Study of Linguitics (Origin and Development of Languages, Morphoogical and geneological classification of languages. Indo – European family members – General Charateristics. Speech Mechanis, Classification of sounds, Phonetichaws, Phonetic changes, Analogy and Semantic Changes.)
Module VI Prose , Campu and History of Sanskrit Literature
Textual Study of
- (a) Kadambari of Banabatta upto the end of Mahasetavrttanta
- (b) Harsaarita of Banahatta Chapter I
- (c) Dasakumaracarita of Dandi Purvaithika
- (d) Campu Ramayana of Bhoja Balakanda and Ayodhyakanda
- (3) General study of Sanskrit Literature(Vedic Period, Sutra period and Clasical period)
Module VII Advanced areas of sanskrit studies.
- 1. General study of contemporary Sanskrit Composition
- 2. Manusript studies (Colletion, Preservation, Types of Manuscripts, Edition of Manuscripts and Textual and criticism)
- 3. Literacy Compositions (Keralodya, Krishibhagavata, Anglasamrajya and Visabhanu)
- 4. Technical Literature (Vastu, Ayurveda, Astrology, Astronomy and Ganika)
- 5. Contribution of Malayalam writers to Sanskrit (Kuttikrishnamarar, M.P.Sankunni Nair, K.P.Narayanapisharodi, K.N.Ezhuthachan, Dr.K. Kunjunni Raja, Mutukulam Sreedharan, P.C.Devasya, Dr.P.K.Variyar, Sreenarayanauru and Chattambiswamikal)
Note that, apart from the topics detailed above, questions from other topics prescribed for the educational qualification of the post may also appear in the question paper.
Also, there is no undertaking that all the topics above may be covered in the question paper.
Comments are the platform to express your thoughts on this post, do not spam here...