PSC Computer Programmer Engineering Colleges Model Questions and Answers: Here are the model questions and answers for Computer Programmer Engineering Colleges PSC examination. These are the previous asked questions for the PSC Computer Programmer Engineering Colleges Examination.
PSC Computer Programmer Engineering Colleges Model Questions and Answers
Question Paper Code: 60/2015
Computer Programmer – Technical Education -Engineering Colleges
Date of Test: 18.04.2015
1. Type of value stored in a variable can be identified using ………….. of the variable.
(A) Variable Name (B) Data Type
(C) Variable Size (D) None of these
2. Two main measures for the efficiency of an algorithm are:
(A) Processor and memory (B) Complexity and capacity.
(C) Time and space (D) Data and space
3. If two sets A and B have no common elements then such sets are known as:
(A) Union (B) Distinct
(C) Disjoin (D) Complement
4. …………….. are used to overcome the difference in data transfer speeds of various devices.
(A) Speed enhancing circuitry (B) Bridge circuits
(C) Multiple buses (D) Buffer registers
5. Cache memory works on the principle of:
(A) Locality of data (B) Locality of memory
(C) Locality of reference (D) Locality of reference and memory
6. If 11001101, is divided by 1102 the remainder is:
(A) 101 (B) 11
(C) 0 (D) 1
7. The program that brings the object code into memory for execution is:
(A) Loader (B) Fetcher
(C) Extractor (D) Linker
8. The order in which the return addresses are generated and used is:
(A) LIFO (B) FIFO
(C) Random (D) Highest priority
9. The classification of Buses into synchronous and asynchronous is based on:
(A) the devices connected to them (B) the type of data transfer
(C) the timing of data transfers (D) none of the above
10. Winch is not a magnetic storage device?
(A) Hard disk (B) Tape drive
(C) Compact disk (D) All of these
11. In a digital representation of voltages using an 8-bit binary code, how many values can be defined?
(A) 128 (B) 256
(C) 64 (D) 16
12. The memory used to hold the address of data stored in the cache is:
(A) Associative memory (B) Primary memory
(C) Secondary memory (D) Register
13. …………. is a black box testing method.
(A) Basic path testing (B) Code path analysis
(C) Boundary value analysis (D) Recovery testing
14. The strategy of temporarily suspending the running process is called:
(A) First come first serve (B) Shortest job first.
(C) Preemptive scheduling (D) Non-preemptive scheduling
15. Fork is:
(A) Creation of a new job (B) Dispatching of new task
(C) Creation of new process (D) Increasing priority of process
16. Resolution of externally defined symbol is done by:
(A) Linker (B) Loader
(C) Compiler (D) Assembler
17. In ……………… topology, whole network goes down, if a computer’s network cable is broken.
(A) Ring (B) Star
(C) Bus (D) Token ring
18. Baudot code uses ……………. bits per symbol.
(A) 3 (B) 5
(C) 6 (D) 8
19. Which of the following problem is undecidable?
(A) Membership problem for CFL
(B) Membership problem for regular sets
(C) Fitness problem for FSAs
(D) Ambiguity problem of CFGs
20. Image compression is:
(A) reducing the size of image to fit to screen
(B) making image look better
(C) reducing the redundancy of image data
(D) reducing degradation over image
21. Basic steps for filtering in the frequency domain:
(A) Fourier transform (B) Filter function
(C) Inverse Fourier transform (D) All of the above
22. What is the difference between a simulator and an emulator in embedded system development?
(A) Emulator runs in target system, simulator runs in development system
(B) Simulator runs in target system, emulator runs in development system
(C) Emulator is indented for assembly language testing, simulator intended for high level language testing
(D) Simulator is indented for assembly language testing, emulator intended for high level language testing
23. Type checking is normally done by:
(A) Lexical analyzer (B) Code optimizer
(C) Syntax analyzer (D) Linear analyzer
24. Producer consumer problem can be solved using:
(A) monitors (B) semaphores
(C) event counters (D) all the above
25. Time To Live field in the ip header is used:
(A) to find the shortest path (B) to find alternate path
(C) to avoid infinite loops (D) to reduce the size of packet