PSC HSST Computer Science Model Questions and Answers – Part 5
HSST Computer Science Model Questions and Answers – Part 5
Question Paper Code: 348/2005
Exam: HSST Computer Science
1. Flow control in TCP/IP is handled using:
(A) Urgent pointer
(C) Acknowledgement number
(D) Variable-size sliding window
2. Which among the following is a protocol of Wireless LAN?
(A) 802.2 (B) 802.3
(C) 802.5 (D) 802.11
3. The default payload of TCP segment established during connection setup in bytes is :
(A) 536 (B) 512
(C) 1024 (D) 1048
4. Which is the protocol among the following that is used for translating from physical address to Internet address?
(A) ICMP (B) IGRP
(C) ARP (D) RARP
5. Which property among the ones given below is not possessed by the HTTP protocol?
(A) Non-cached (B) Lightweight
(C) Stateless (D) Application level
6. The port number assigned to FTP protocol is:
(A) 23 (B) 22
(C) 69 (D) 21
7. The protocol used in TCP/IP for dynamic address assignment is :
(A) ARP (B) RARP
(C) DHCP (D) ICMP
8. Which of the following is true about a cross compiler?
(A) It is written in the machine code of one processor and produces code for another processor
(B) It is used for compiler porting
(C) It may be written in the same language as the one for which it is a compiler of
(D) All of these
9. Which of the following phases of a compiler is not in the backend?
(A) Syntax analysis (B) Intermediate code generation
(C) Code generation (D) Code optimization
10. FORTRAN does not support recursion because:
(A) It does not have pointer data type
(B) It is used for scientific and engineering applications
(C) It uses dynamic allocation
(D) It is not a format free language
11. For a given grammar, which among the following parsing tables are likely to have the most number of states?
(A) SLR (B) LALR
(C) LR(0) (D) LR(1)
12. A parsing algorithm used in top down parsing is :
(A) SLR (B) LL
(C) LR (D) LALR
13. Which among the following is not used for intermediate code generation?
(A) Quadruples (B) Triples
(C) Syntax trees (D) Parse trees
14. DAG is used in a compiler for:
(A) Intermediate code generation (B) Code generation
(C) Code optimization (D) Parsing
15. YACC is a program in UNIX used for:
(A) automatic scanner generation (B) automatic parser generation
(C) automatic code generation (D) none of these
16. Which of the following identifiers used in LEX contains the sequence of characters forming a token?
(A) yylval (B) yyerror
(C) yytext (D) yystack
17. Consider the following grammar:
Which of the following statements is (are) true?
(i) The grammar is ambiguous
(ii) The grammar is suitable for top-down parsing
(iii) The grammar is suitable for bottom-up parsing
(A) (iii) only (B) (ii) only
(C) (i) only (D) (ii) and (iii)
18. Which of the following operations is context free languages not closed under?
(A) Union (B) Closure
(C) Intersection (D) Substitution
19. A phenomenon in virtual memory schemes in which the processor spends most of the time swapping pages rather than executing instructions is :
(A) loading (B) swapping
(C) thrashing (D) aging
20. Which among the following is not a reason for process termination?
(A) Normal termination (B) Memory unavailable
(C) Protection error (D) Invalid time
21. Which of the following is (are) true about virtual memory systems that use pages?
(i) The virtual address space can be larger than the amount of physical memory
(ii) Programs must be resident in main memory throughout their execution
(iii) Pages correspond to semantic characteristics of the program.
(A) (i) only (B) (ii) only
(C) (i) and (ii) (D) (i) and (iii)
22. Which among the following will not lead to a deadlock?
(A) Mutual exclusion (B) Hold and Wait
(C) Preemption (D) Circular wait
23. Which level of security is implemented in Windows NT?
(A) A1 (B) C1
(C) B2 (D) C2
24. A method of executing two or more programs concurrently using the same computer describe:
(A) multi processing (B) multiprogramming
(C) virtual processing (D) time sharing
25. Windows is a ………….. bit operating system.
(A) 8 (B) 16
(C) 32 (D) 64